Chances are you have your phone with you more often than you carry your wallet. There are five photos that you should keep on your phone, just in case:
- Your driver’s license (and passport if traveling internationally)
- Your health insurance card(s)
- Your COVID-19 vaccination card
- Your car’s license plate (and that of any rental car you drive)
- Other IDs (work, school, and auto insurance)
And if you have a dog:
- Your dog’s rabies certificate
Where on your phone?
- In Photos. Create an album called Documents so you don’t have to scroll through all your vacation pictures to find these important photos.
- In Apple Notes. This has the added benefit of letting you lock the note and assign a password to protect it.
- In the Cloud. Dropbox, iCloud, etc. where you need a password to access. Downside: you will need Internet access
- In your password manager, in the Notes or Documents section.
Having these critical photos at the ready will be a lifesaver in an emergency. Keeping them up to date is even more important. Create a reminder in your calendar to update the photos as the identification information gets renewed or changes.