Mother’s Day is a time to appreciate your Mom, whether it be your biological mother, your stepmother, the dad who was both mother and father, or the person most like a mom to you. Here are some creative and original ideas to make Mom feel special. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Bake It Sweet– Your Mom will love that you made her a dessert like a cake, cookies, or whatever her favorite sweet is rather than buying it from a store. You can make it even more special by the presentation or packaging you use for the treats.
- Make Your Card A Gift – Who says you have to buy a Hallmark card in order for it to be special? Making a card for your Mom not only shows your creativity but also your own words will mean so much to her. These days, it is so special to see someone’s handwriting as we just don’t write as much as we used to.
- Paint It– Paint a few mason jars to match your Mom’s décor. Fill the jars with flowers and make a lovely center piece in the kitchen or dining room or your Mom’s bedroom. She will think of you whenever she sees these decorative jars. Just Google ‘how to make a painted mason jar’ and you will be on your way.
- Go Green – Buy your Mom a simple houseplant, but be creative in the pot you choose. A simple colander makes a great hanging basket for outside. Is your Mom into fresh herbs? That would be a wonderful gift to give her seedlings for her favorite herbs. All spring and summer she will enjoy using fresh herbs and the convenience of having them at her fingertips.
- Get Nostalgic– We all have great digital photos. Why not create a slide show of your favorite moments with your Mom and surprise her with these? Set it to some music and she will be in tears before you know it.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. What are some other cleaver gift ideas you have done for your Mom?
Photo Licensed from Adobe Stock.