Hey, folks! I hope you are shaking off that Christmas food coma, and continuing to relish in that Christmas spirit! The new year is a few short days away – wow, I can’t believe 2016 is coming to a close! As the new year approaches, it’s time for a new set of resolutions. That’s right, let’s talk about goals!
In the past, I’ve talked about tips for creating your goals. This year I want to talk about what NOT to do when goal setting. Below is my quick list on what to avoid when goal setting for 2017.
- Don’t set unrealistic goals. You need to be able to achieve your goals so don’t set yourself up for failure. For example, don’t say you will make $1 million dollars this year without really breaking it down and seeing if it is even an achievable goal.
- Avoid not prioritizing your goals. It’s wonderful to have more than one goal, but it’s important to iron down your main goal and work on this regardless of the other goals.
- Avoid having no idea how to achieve the goal. As you jot down each goal, it’s important to ask what steps you will take to reach those goals. If you have no idea how to reach your goal, you will set yourself up for failure.
- Don’t forget about your goals. Once you come up with your prioritized list of goals, you need to consistently look at your goals to ensure you’re working towards achieving them. The most successful people look at their goals every day and have goal-oriented tasks planned out to accomplish their goals.
- Avoid not setting a timeline. Alongside writing down the steps you need to take to reach your goal, you also need to write down a timeline for each of those steps. You need to know when you want to achieve that goal! Set a date for you to hit your goal and you will be successful.
What are your tips for achieving your annual goals? Please share so that others may learn from you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.