This is the time of year where we are more likely to find ourselves in the kitchen baking and whipping up cauldrons of soups and casseroles. Having the oven on is a great way to help warm up the house and make it smell yummy. A more organized kitchen really does make the time you spend in your kitchen more enjoyable.
Here are a few tips to make your kitchen more functional:
- Group together commonly used items for purposes such as baking and assign them a home.
- Organize your space by use. Keep the items you use most frequently in your prime real estate area. Keep less frequently used items like holiday & entertaining pieces up higher or stored outside of the kitchen if space is at a premium.
- Set up zones near the devise being used. For example, store your cookware near the stove and all your coffee and related items near the coffee maker.
- Contain your plastic storage. Keep only matched tops and bottoms, and store them together to make it easy to grab for leftovers.
- Put like with like in your pantry just as you see in the grocery store. It makes food prep and shopping lists a breeze.